This recipe is definitely not for the squeamish. It takes an open mind and a strong stomach to eat something that looks like human intestines. If you’re looking for something your guests will think twice about eating or a Halloween party conversation piece, then this recipe is just right for you.
Halloween Puff Pastry Intestines – by Canary Girl
& Uploaded By Fingerfoods Sydney October 22, 2018.
A gory pastry recipe that will be a real conversation piece for your Halloween party.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Recipe Category: Halloween Finger Foods
1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
3 cups filling of your choice (savory or sweet)
1 egg, beaten
Red food coloring
- Read the packages’ directions and thaw the puff pastry.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Divide each sheet of puff pastry lengthwise into 6 strips.
- Flour your counter or another surface and lay each strip beside each another. Press and seal the seams between strips.
- Spread the filling you have chosen down the entire length of the dough, leaving a bit of space on each side to pinch close.
- Pinch the entire length of the dough closed, stretching the dough slightly around the filling as you go.
- Carefully lift it onto the baking sheet, seam-side down, and form a pattern that looks like an intestine.
- Brush the puff pastry lightly with beaten egg. To create the ‘blood’ between the creases, dip a small paintbrush into red food coloring.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until it turns golden brown.
This recipe first appeared on http://canarygirl.com/?p=307.
Are you planning a party soon? Why not use Fingerfoods.com.au. We are a professional catering company serving the Australian states of Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth.